Minarca – The First Public Version
- All Articles
- Minarca – The First Public Version
Minarca, your ultimate Backup solution!
After years of behind-closed-doors development on Minarca, we are
trilled to publish our very first official public version which is
available to the public at large.
Minarca has been offered as a Backup Service for a few years already.
However, our strategy has changed and we wish to give back to the
community, so we have made Minarca available as a self-hosted backup
solution for all.
Although this first public release has a few rough edges, stay tuned!
Minarca continues to evolve rapidly.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of changes in this release.
- Support cherrypy v16.
- Provide Debian packages.
- Manage SSH Keys for Minarca users.
- Provide Minarca-shell as an SSH entry point.
- Improve SSH server security.
- Add /api/ to be used by Minarca-client.
- Update Minarca icon.
- Client: Fix pid verification to avoid multiple instances to be
- Client: Provide Debian packages.
- Client: Replace Form request by API calls.
- Client: Make it work with Minarca-shell.
- Client: Use patches version of rdiff-backup 1.2.8.
- Client: Replace proprietary licence by GPLv3.
- Client: Replace Minarca icon.
- Client: Improve configuration UI.
- Client: Improve linking UI.
- Client: Update default ignored patterns.
- Client: Update French translation.
- Client: Add command line interface.
- Client: Verify if process is running using pid file on all
Minarca a proven open-source technology backup solution that simplifies
your work, allows you to provide exceptional service to your users and
promotes a relationship built on confidence.
Patrik Dufresne •
Subscribe to newsletter
Sign up for minarca's announcements !